Every type of layer in Mixer has some common controls, which are listed below. Click on the links to learn more.
- Reflectance: Get near realistic reflectance values along with the built-in presets for different surfaces. Click on the ellipsis next to the layer’s name to save/ load these presets.
- Blending: Blending is the process of combining the two layers and adjusting how they interact. This page contains information on each blending mode available in Mixer.
- Placement: Move, rotate and scale layers by adjusting the settings in this section. You can also choose how to project your layer.
- Height Frequency: Height Frequency controls only come up with Surface and Atlas/Decal Layer. Use this to gain more control over the details of these surfaces.
- Channel Specific Controls: Channel settings are available where you can load your maps in any channel to texture your layer. Each channel has its settings according to the type of the channel.
- Custom Export Channels: Primarily used for managing Mask Exports. Here you can send the layer’s data to custom mask channels. Through the Custom Exports Channel editor, you can blend, organize, edit, or view single or multiple masks in one or more channels.