When you open a new project you will see a blank project window with a single plane in the Viewport tab. This is where all your work will happen.
To interact with your Mix within the viewport:
- Middle Mouse: Scroll to zoom in and out of your Mix.
- Alt + Right Mouse: Move vertically to zoom in and out of your Mix.
- Alt + Left Mouse: Rotate the camera around your Mix.
Within the Viewport you have options on the top left to control your scene settings:
The dropdown lets you change the render mode of the preview displayed in the viewport.
- PBR Metalness: Physically-Based Rendering in Metalness Workflow.
- Diffuse/Albedo: Color of the surface.
- Metalness: Metallicity of the surface.
- PBR Specular: Specular reflections map of the surface.
- Gloss: Smoothness of the surface.
- Roughness: Roughness of the surface.
- Normal: Normals of the surface.
- Displacement: Vertical displacement of the surface.
- Occlusion: Soft shadows on the surface.
- Layer Mask: Mask (visibility) of the selected layer.
- Active Mask: Shows the mask of the type selected.
- If a layer is selected, will show the same view as Layer Mask.
- If a mask stack is selected, will show the corresponding mask.
- If a mask layer is selected, will show the resulting mask of that component or modifier.
- Material ID: Shows Material ID colors on your mesh. For explanation purposes, the image shown is based on a custom 3D mesh.
Camera View and Environments
This dropdown allows you to select any of the given orientations for your camera in the viewport in order to create Mixes efficiently
Select any HDRI from the dropdown list to change scene’s lighting for your Mix with different backgrounds.