This page explains each mask modifier and its properties. Modifiers give you finer control over the mask by modifying the existing stack.
To add a modifier to the stack, click on the modifier icon and select one.
Brightness / Contrast
Adjust the mask stack’s brightness and contrast.
Use this modifier to set a range for values accepted on the mask. Values outside the range will be set to the minimum or maximum.
You can add this modifier to invert the greyscale values of an entire mask stack.
This modifier is used to normalize the range of pixel intensity values.
Use this modifier to remap your mask stack using a gradient.
- Gradient Range: Set the vertical range to remap.
- Repeat: Control how many times to repeat the gradient pattern.
- Curve: Set the midpoint of the gradient curve.
Posterize modifier involves conversion of a continuous gradation of tone to several regions of fewer tones.
Use a blur modifier to soften your mask.
- Blur Type: Choose between Gaussian and Directional.
- Strength: Adjust the strength of the blur modifier.
- Angle: Control the angle at which the directional blur is applied.
Create slopes on hard edges to give them a more angled look. Other than hard-surface texturing, you can use this on a terrain to create an erosion affect.
- Width: Control the width of the bevel.
Circular transform is used to give circular pattern to the mask components.
- Margins: Resize the pattern by controlling the range between the inner and outer margin.
- Repetitions: Specify the number of circular repetitions of the pattern.
- Swirl: Control the intensity of the swirl effect, where the outer end of the pattern is stretched.
- Flip: Toggle to swirl in the opposite direction.
Use this modifier to distribute the mask stack in a randomized particle fashion.
- Scatter Type: Choose between Random and Grid scatter.
- Density: Control the density of the scattered texture on the layer.
- Size Range: Set the range of sizes for the scattered textures.
- Angle Range: Set the range of angles for the scattered textures.
- Brightness Jitter: Adjust the brightness of the scattered textures.
- Random Seed: Choose a variation of the scatter effect with the same values.
This modifier is used to project the mask component on the layer.