Once the quick, initial set up is completed you’ll be greeted with the following dialogue box. From here, you can create projects, load an existing Mix, or create a new one.
A project is a folder in your Mixer directory that contains Mixes.
- To create a new project, simply click the plus (+) icon next to Projects.
- If you wish to delete a project, hover over a project’s name to reveal an x next to it. Click to delete.
- Click on a project’s name to see the Mixes within the project.
Inside the Sample Mixes project, there are some Mixes that come with the app. You can load these to immediately see the different kind of surfaces that can be created using Mixer or quickly learn how they were created by diving into the details in their layer stack.
- By hovering over an existing Mix you’ll see an X to the right of the Mix name. Click to delete the Mix.
- To load an existing Mix, either double click the Mix or select it and click Open.
Creating a New Mix
To create a new Mix click New Mix at the top-right corner. A New Mix dialogue will open up with the following settings:
Working Resolution: Set between 256 and 8k pixels as per your project requirements.
After clicking “Ok” you will be directed towards Setup Tab, where you can select the type of surface or 3D mesh for texturing.